12.7.13

Yard hunting from abroad

Now that September and the start of university are fast approaching, the hunt for a good livery yard for Vallu and I has started. 

It's difficult enough to find a new yard anyways, and even more hard when moving to a new area where you don't know anyone. Yet the most difficult version is finding a good yard in another country.

After spending countless hours searching through forums, livery yard ads, websites etc I've got the list down to under 10 places. Since we've been fortunate enough to have the horses at home for the last three years, I realised that I've become very fussy about livery yards, simply because at home I have control over everything, and I can choose when and how the horses are turned out, at what time everything happens etc. 

This will also be the first time that I am on my own. When we had Nelli and Basse at livery in England, mum was there for me so I didn't have to worry about anything. Now that all the horses are at home, mum is still here and I still don't have to worry about most things because if anything happens, she knows what to do. When we will be in Nottingham, mum will be over here in Finland and all responsibility for Vallu is on me. But I'm sure we'll be fine!

It's a pretty long journey!
Mum and dad are off to England next week to go check out my top 3 places, and hopefully one of them will work out. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment