10.10.17

There is beauty in simplicity

A lot of the blogs that I've recently been reading have been heavily focused on the need to have goals and aspirations and that we must always remember that achieving something takes a lot of time. I know having goals is really important, but recently I've realised that there is beauty in simplicity 🌺
Those of you follow us on Instagram will be aware of the fact that Vallu has a lump on his front left leg, which has been causing me major stress! It's behaving totally differently to a tendon/ligament injury so I've been very carefully riding him very lightly for the last week and since it's not getting worse with exercise, I'm going to carry on riding him to make sure he stays sane and doesn't go crazy in his paddock. I do have the vet coming out next Monday to scan his leg to see what is going on but I have my fingers tightly crossed that it is something less sinister than a major injury 👎🏼


But back to my 'beauty in simplicity' point! Having been stuck doing lots of walk work and doing nothing more exciting than trot and canter around the arena, I've seen a lovely change in Vallu over the last week in that he now goes straight, as in the entire body is 100% straight. By constantly riding off the track and doing a million centre lines, I've managed to unlock the "get your horse going forwards and straight" button ☑️

Over the summer I was working so hard on getting him bending through his ribs with all the different lateral exercises and serpentines and figure of 8s that he got very used to not going straight. By doing something as simple as riding off the track and nothing else for several days in a row, I got my beautiful forwards going and straight horse back! So we don't always have to be riding the most difficult exercises to improve ourselves and our horses, but instead sometimes we need to focus on the simpler stuff in order to create something beautiful 💖

6 comments:

  1. It's fall here in the US, and during that time I always find myself going back to basics -- and I really enjoy it. Even simple exercises can be difficult when you expect perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoys going back to basics sometimes! Riding straight on the 3/4 line is my fav exercise!

      Delete
  2. simplicity is my favorite :) i love to have goals and aspirations, something to aim for. but... horses being horses, they have a way of foiling even our most carefully laid plans. being able to enjoy the simple stuff is pretty important when that happens! fingers crossed the vet check goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm pretty much given up hope that it could be something else than a tendon/lig injury but we'll know more once the leg gets scanned!

      Delete
  3. When all else fails, go back to the basics.

    Also, your eq. is beatiful. If you could just hop across the ocean puddle and ride my ponies that would be greeeaaatt...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, thank you so much for saying that it means a lot!! 😍😘 Maybe I need to organise a holiday to over there next summer!

      Delete